Dive Rite - Nomad XT
The Nomad XT is Dive Rite's expedition sidemount system. Built on a TransPac XT base, the Nomad XT is not only suited for sidemount but can handle backmounted doubles, singles, or CCR.
The Nomad XT is built with the ultimate in streamlining in mind. A properly balanced sidemount rig should not require additional weight on the shoulders. Divers who wear heavy tanks or those just getting started with sidemount will often opt for this older solution to resolve trim issues. Seeing this makeshift solution in the field, we designed our expedition sidemount rig with a wing design to give it the best trim possible directly out of the box. Narrow at the neck and angled at the sides with more lift added to the bottom, the Nomad XT wing is designed to give lift where it’s most needed—at the hips.
The inflator is at the top center of the wing, behind the neck. Dual OPVs at the bottom of the wing allows for gas dumping from any angle. Also, divers who wish to swap the position of their inflator to route from the bottom, can now do so and retain an OPV dump at the bottom of the wing for safe gas dumping when inverted.
Made with a super-tough exterior and modular flexibility, the outer panels of the wing are engineered using SuperFabric® brand technology for optimum resistance to punctures and abrasions, while remaining very flexible.
In addition to its rugged exterior, the Nomad XT has the added benefit of being a modular system: the harness, wing, buttplate and crotch strap are all separate elements. This allows the traveling explorer (or any diver wishing to modify their rig) the ability to trade out wings, remove the buttplate or make any fit adjustments necessary to meet the objective of the dive mission.
A Gusset Control System (GCS) allows you to control lift when switching out various types of cylinders, such as going from steel to aluminum or twin tanks to single. Without the Gusset Control and without using the wing keepers on the waist belt, the Nomad XT delivers a full 50 lbs of lift.
The Nomad XT includes Dive Rite's Adjustable Bungee System, which allows for easy length adjustment to fit any diver without needing to tie knots. The Adjustable Bungee System also allows a diver to use any bungee configuration they desire, including: ring bungee, loop bungee with snap, and loop bungee. A set of chokers are included for divers using Dive Rite's ring bungee and choker method. The butt plate, made of reinforced nylon to provide the proper amount of rigidity to hold tanks in position and eliminate sag, along with two stainless steel rails, provides the lower attachment point for cylinders.
The Nomad XT Sidemount Rig comes assembled and includes a TransPac XT harness, Nomad XT wing, buttplate and 2-inch crotch strap, adjustable bungees, and chokers. Diver needs to specify TransPac size (M-XXL) when ordering. Available in single or dual bladder.
Made in the U.S.A.
The Nomad XT Sidemount Rig is completely customizable as follows:
- TRANSPAC XT HARNESS available in sizes M, L, XL, XXL.
- WING is available as a single bladder or dual bladder
- Choice of 12-inch, 16-inch or 22-inch elbow corrugated hose along with either 15-inch, 22-inch or 27-inch low-pressure inflation hose. Common configuration is 16-inch corrugated hose with a 15-inch low-pressure inflation hose for an average 6-foot, 225lb man. Please adjust according to chest size, height and individual preference.
- BUNGEES: Adjustable Bungee System
- CHOKER (BC2720-CHOKER) comes standard with two, nylon tank neck chokers to attach the Nomad bungee clip to and secure the bottle easily under the arm.
- Nomad weight Med: 9.375lbs (4.25kg), Lg: 9.625lbs (4.36kg), XL: 10.06lbs (4.56kg)
- Multiple grommets on the plate allow the diver to move the rig in 2″ increments to adjust trim. Very handy when changing cylinder sizes.
- The chest strap should be fastened before the bungees are attached. The chest strap is used to ensure the shoulder straps come down across the shoulders and parallel to each other. This way they apply pressure to keep the bungees in place
- The 2″ crotch strap should be adjusted so it is snug and pulls the waist belt down slightly in the front.
- For cave diving we recommend butt mounting the canister light on the crotch strap below the tank mounting rings, you will need a longer light cord and the 70 degree angled canister light routes the light cord properly.
- For sidemount diving, run the light cord up under the waist belt so it doesn’t interfere with cylinder attachments.