GUE - Drysuit Primer
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
GUE’s Drysuit Primer is a non-certification course designed to prepare divers for drysuit diving using proper equipment and techniques.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone interested in the transition from wetsuit to drysuit to allow for longer dives in colder water will be interested in this course. This training is available for non-GUE trained divers and can serve as a basic introduction to GUE system.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?Course outcomes include, but are not limited to: buoyancy, trim practice, and refinement; types, fitting, and use of drysuits, drysuit inflation systems, and undergarments; cold water diving specifics; and management of basic emergencies related to drysuit diving.
PREREQUISITES AND DURATION:
Applicants for a GUE Drysuit Primer must:
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be certified, at minimum, as an autonomous entry-level scuba diver (or equivalent) from a recognized training agency.
- For a full list of course prerequisites, click here.