Neurological injuries are the leading cause of long-term disability. The basic assessments taught in this course aid in recognizing key signs of neurological injuries such as stroke and decompression illness (DCI). Early recognition can lead to faster response time and improved long-term outcomes.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to further develop their skills in handling emergency scenarios.
Additional Courses you may be interested in:
- Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid - If you have not already learned Basic Life Support and CPR, you should learn it before expanding into administering emergency Oxygen.
- First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries - This course builds on the First Aid skills learned in the Basic Life Support course and focuses on treating many of the kinds of hazardous marine life that we can encounter when diving.
- Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries - This course teaches you how to recognize when to and how to administer Emergency Oxygen to scuba diving victims.
Alternate Courses you may be interested in:
- Diving Emergency Management Provider (DEMP) - This course incorporates all of the Basic Life Support course and also covers Emergency Oxygen, First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries and performing Neurological Assessments. Its a great package course with a TON of information.
- Diving First Aid for Professional Divers (DFA-Pro) - This course is focused on individuals who need to be familiar with Diving First Aid as part of their job and/or may be subject to OSHA oversight. The course covers all of the same things as the DEMP program listed above but focuses on the professional setting.