SDI - Sidemount DiverSold Out
Who this SDI course is for:
- The certified diver looking to use a sidemount cylinder instead of the standard back mount unit.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent.
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Sidemount Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Gas management utilizing independent cylinders
- Equipment considerations
- Cylinder options
- Regulator options
- Buoyancy compensator device (BCD)/harness options
- Proper weighting
- Equipment configurations
- Hand signals
- Problem solving
- Gas hemorrhages
- Water entries
- S-Drills (specific to sidemount)
Some of the required skills you will have to demonstrate include:
- Plan dive
- Test and check all equipment (depth gauges, bottom timers/watches and computers)
- Familiarization with area
- Descend to planed depth and not exceed any pre-planned limits
- Demonstrate the ability to safely manage gas in independent cylinders
- Monitor depth/time/air consumption, figure all times on slate
- Demonstrate ability to control buoyancy
- Attaching sidemount cylinders while
- Out of water
- On surface standing on bottom
- On surface in water to deep to stand
- At depth
- Perform gas switches
- Perform safety stops
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in sidemount diving activities without direct supervision, provided the following limits are adhered to:
- Safety stops as appropriate
- Planned dives do not exceed diver’s current certification level
Also, the SDI Sidemount Diver certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Diver Development program.
SDI Sidemount Diver minimum requirements:
- Perform all land drills and open water dive requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Log all dives
How to take this course!
- Sign up and receive your online code
- Once you complete the online portion schedule the class, pool, or open water dives as required.
- Course Cost:
- $139.95 for eLearning & certification card once earned.
- $180.00 Instructor Fee - Includes Classroom Session, Pool Session, and 2 open water dives (Tanks and Weights Included).
- Dive count is the minimum required amount of dives to successfully complete the course. If additional dives are required they are $45.00 per dive and include tanks and weights.
- Not included are Rental Equipment and Trip Costs. Trip costs include transportation, lodging, boat fees, park fees, food and beverage, etc.