TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver
Are you looking to expand your dive time? Maybe you’re a scientific diver or photographer looking to stay in the water a little longer?The TDI Advanced Nitrox Course qualifies divers to use enriched air nitrox from EAN 21 through EAN 100 percent within your current certification level to a maximum depth of 40 metres/130 feet during dives that do not require staged decompression. Often taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures course, this can be considered the foundation of your technical diving career. TDI Advanced Nitrox is also a must for SCR or CCR divers.
Who this course is for:
- The certified nitrox diver looking to expand their understanding of nitrox mixtures containing more than 40% oxygen
- The certified nitrox diver looking to expand their in-water skills
- The certified diver who has interest in moving forward with technical diving education
(these requirements must be met prior to the start of the course):
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
What you can expect to learn:
Advanced Nitrox picks up where TDI Nitrox leaves off and offers a more in-depth look at diving with nitrox including:
- Physics and physiology relating to diving with gas mixes containing more than 40% oxygen
- Gas planning, dive tables, dive computers, oxygen limitations, nitrogen limitations
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, gas blending procedures, and oxygen service ratings for using gases with more than 40% oxygen
Some of the skills you will complete in this course include:
- Demonstrate buoyancy control; ability to hover at fixed position in water column without moving hands or feet
- Show good awareness of buddy and other team members through communication, proximity, and team oriented dive practices
- Demonstrate the ability to manage free flow from primary regulator in controlled fashion, shut down cycle, and switch to back up regulator
- Conduct appropriate safety stop while maintaining neutral buoyancy
- Demonstrate the ability to share air with buddy as both recipient and donor in a controlled manner while maintaining position in the water column
- Demonstrate correct body position; appropriate trim, such as horizontal/streamlined when moving forward
- Demonstrate proper stress analysis with self and dive buddy
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to dive using EAN 21 through 100 percent oxygen provided:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
- Ability to enroll in TDI Decompression Procedures, TDI Semi-closed Rebreather courses, TDI Closed Circuit rebreather courses
TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver minimum certification requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Advanced Nitrox course and written examination
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
How to take this course!
- Sign up and receive your online code
- Once you complete the online portion schedule the class, pool, or open water dives as required.
• $139.95 for eLearning & certification card once earned.
• $350 Per Day Instructor Fee - Includes Classroom Session, Pool Session, and 4 Open water dives
• eLearning via TDI’s website
• Certification card from TDI, once earned
What’s Not Included:
• Student is required to provide all other equipment as required for the course. Reach out to us directly for the complete required equipment list
• Not included are Rental Equipment not mentioned above and Trip Costs. Trip costs include transportation, lodging, boat fees, park fees, food and beverage, etc.