TDI Decompression Procedures DiverSold Out
TDI Decompression Procedures Diver
Are you finding your no- decompression limits (NDLs) a limiting factor to dives? Do you have to ascend sooner than you would like? As sport divers, planned decompression is not something that we do or have been taught.The TDI Decompression Procedures Course prepares you for planned staged decompression diving. With a maximum operating depth of 45 metres/150 feet, this course is your first step beyond the normal sport diving limits. The TDI Decompression Procedures Course combined with the TDI Advanced Nitrox course form the foundation of all other technical courses. After these two courses and some additional experience, the stage has been set for you to move onto additional technical levels.
Who this course is for:
- The certified Advanced Diver looking to expand their knowledge of decompression theory and diving techniques
- The certified Advanced Diver who is interested in extending their bottom time
- The certified Advanced Diver who has interest in moving forward with technical diving education
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver, Advanced Diver, or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
What you can expect to learn:
- Decompression dive planning including:
- Decompression gas choices
- Tables vs. personal dive computers
- Emergency and contingency planning (equipment failure, omitted decompression, etc.)
- Decompression diving procedures
- Equipment selection
- Pre-dive checks and drills
- Stress analysis and mitigation
- Following a decompression schedule
- Gas switching
- Team awareness and communication
- SMB/lift bag deployment
- Proper trim, buoyancy and finning techniques
- Emergency procedures (equipment failures, catastrophic gas loss, omitted decompression, navigational errors, etc.)
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, and gas blending procedures
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to conduct decompression diving activities without direct supervision provided:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
- Ability to enroll in TDI Advanced Nitrox, TDI Extended Range, TDI Advanced Wreck, TDI Trimix courses
TDI Decompression Diver minimum certification requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Decompression Procedures course written examination
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
How to take this course!
- Sign up and receive your online code
- Once you complete the online portion schedule the class, pool, or open water dives as required.
• $139.95 for eLearning & certification card once earned.
• $330.00 Instructor Fee - Includes Classroom Session, Pool Session, and 4 Open water dives
• eLearning via TDI’s website
• Certification card from TDI, once earned
What’s Not Included:
• Student is required to provide all other equipment as required for the course. Reach out to us directly for the complete required equipment list
• Dive count is the minimum required amount of dives to successfully complete the course. If additional dives are required they are $55.00 per dive and include tanks and weights.
• Not included are Rental Equipment not mentioned above and Trip Costs. Trip costs include transportation, lodging, boat fees, park fees, food and beverage, etc.