Malin Head Ireland - Wreck Diving
August 2 - 8, 2025
To Reserve Spot - $750
About the Trip:
Join Paragon Dive Group’s Ben Lair and Ricardo Castillo of Dive Rite Mexico to dive the wrecks of Malin Head, Ireland. Boasting the largest amount of U-boats in the world and the largest amount of sunken ocean going liners there is no end to the adventures on offer. The seabed off the Donegal coast is primarily rock and shale which allows for visibility of up to 40m and represents some of the clearest waters on the planet.
We will be diving with Mevagh on their new 11m catamaran, the Laura-Dean, is the perfect vessel for your wreck diving trip as it offers fantastic space and comfort plus the convenience of a divers lift. With on-site gas blending including air, nitrox and trimix, Mevagh Dive Centre has everything under one roof for your next wreck diving adventure.
Some of the wrecks with depths we may dive are the following:
Audacious - 211'
Justicia - 238'
Empire Heritage - 218'
Carthaginian - 192'
Pinto - 218'
Laurentic - 132'
U2511 - 222'
U89 - 205'
Roscommon - 254'
Manchester Commerce - 274'
Transylvania - 380'
Amazon - 413'
Hurst Castle - 271'
Dive sites will be determined by the group the day before based on weather, conditions, and the groups goals!
Trip is limited to 8 divers!
- 9 nights accommodation in one of two 4 bedroom homes in Donegal, Ireland that is a 5 minute walk to the dive center and a 5 minute walk to town.
- 7 diving days. 1 long tech dive per day with a 3-4 hour runtime or more if so desired but we will only be doing 1 dive per day
- Flights and Transportation to and from Donegal, Ireland
- Meals and Beverages
- Nitrox Fills, Helium Fills, Absorbent, Tank Rentals (Available For Nominal Costs and paid directly to the operator at the end of the trip based on what was used).
- DPV rental if wanted
- All lodging that is not listed above.
- Anything not mentioned in “Included” above
- All diving operations are subject to the weather. Most wrecks are located about 20+ miles offshore so this is truly open ocean wreck diving
- Divers must have at a minimum a hypoxic mixed gas certification, recent 330' diving experience, a physician's medical form, dive accident insurance, and experience doing similar deep dive profiles in the open ocean.
- Plan on arriving into Belfast, Ireland by July 24th. We will be renting a car/van and heading to Donegal which is 2.5 hours by car on July 25th. Diving will start on July 26th
- Plan to depart Donegal on August 2nd or 3rd. Flights back can be as early as the 3rd of August but you should spend a few days in Northern Ireland.
If there are any questions or concerns please reach out to me directly with the information below and I am happy to help and clarify.
Ben Lair: Ben@paragondive.com or 520-260-9940